Debutante participation provides:
- A truly magical time spotlighting our Debutantes together with a memorable family experience celebrating the next exciting stage of a young lady’s life.
- Fun, social events combining confidence building, etiquette and social skills.
- Preparation for college social experiences by getting to know a group of new friends from a variety of schools.
- Exposure to philanthropy and the rewards of giving back to our community.
Our Fine Arts Foundation Debutante Ball is unique and traditional:
The Fine Arts Foundation Debutante Ball Presentation takes place on a Saturday evening in mid-June on the campus of the University of Denver followed by dinner and dancing.
- Girls are invited to participate in the winter of their junior year with activities beginning in the fall of their senior year.
- Selection is by invitation, as the Ball is intentionally limited to a small group of accomplished young ladies.
- The Ball celebrates the Debutante and includes her family in the evening’s festivities.
- Each Debutante has the privilege of choosing her two escorts.
- Summer outdoor presentation with the University of Denver’s stunning architectural landscape and the Rocky Mountains as a backdrop.
- FAF Ball proceeds are given to multiple arts organizations in the community rather than to a single organization.
Debutante Calendar of Events:
We recognize senior year time constraints (including academics, extra-curricular activities, sports, college visits, etc.) so our Debutante activities are planned accordingly. Most events are scheduled to last for just a couple of hours.
- August: Debutante Welcome BBQ
- August: Sunday Afternoon Debutante Introduction and Announcement Reception
- September: Parents Cocktail Party
- October: Debutante Gown Trunk Show
- October: Project Runway
- November: Debutante Fashion Show & Luncheon
- February: Citizen of the Arts Jubilee
- March: Mother/Daughter Tea
- April: Curtsy Rehearsal & Etiquette Dinner for the Debutantes and Presenters
- Debutante and her Presenter
- June: Debutante Ball Waltz Rehearsal & Dinner
- June: Debutante Ball Festivities
How Are We Different?
The Fine Arts Foundation is unique with a “mission” to enrich life in Colorado by supporting the arts. Since its inception, it has proudly gifted more than two million dollars to a wide variety of arts organizations, as well as creating an Endowed Scholarship Fund at the University of Denver.
Some recent grant recipients include:
Baroque Chamber Orchestra, Central City Opera, Clyfford Still Museum, Colorado Children’s Chorale, Colorado Humanities, Colorado Youth Symphony Orchestras, Curious Theatre Company, Denver Art Museum, Denver Film Society, Imagination Makers Theater Company, Museo de las Americas, Opera Colorado, Phamaly Theater Company, Rocky Mountain Children’s Choir, Rocky Mountain PBS, The Denver Brass, Up Close and Musical , Wonderbound (Ballet Nouveau Colorado) and many more.
A non-refundable fee covers expenses and events for our Debutante and her parents. The fee includes all of the events listed above. It is not necessary for parents to host additional Debutante parties. In addition, mothers are invited, at no cost, to Informational Coffees and the Fall Membership Luncheon. Five tickets to the Debutante Ball, for the use of the Debutante, her parents and her two escorts, are included in the Debutante fee.